Blog# 97 Balancing Life at the 2020 Spring Equinox
In the year 2020, the Vernal (spring) Equinox occurs earlier than most others. Around this time, give or take a couple of days, there are equal amounts of sunlight and darkness. You could think of it as a waxing moon or a rising sun, with the Summer Solstice or the full moon being the maximum. The vernal equinox can be viewed as a tipping point, from more darkness into more light. With this change, there is a surge of growth in the world: animal young are conceived or are growing more and more rapidly. Trees are starting to bud, tree sap is rising in maximum amounts. Humans become restless and want to socialize, explore, flourish. Unfortunately, these outgoing activities may help viruses and some other microorganisms proliferate.
So this particular spring, it might be enjoyable to learn a new skill, such as taking a photography course online. It might be fun to cook meals using new recipes, clean house (some people like doing that), write that novel or memoir or poetry or article you’ve been meaning to write. It could be rewarding spending time with a partner or children and learn to communicate more effectively. Learning about foods or exercises or herbs and other supplements could be essential in helping protect your health or the health of others.
In addition to the above, there are many things you can do to help sustain yourself through the stress of the coming weeks, months or year. Here are just a few things which some people may not have thought of.
- Learn and practice abdominal breathing. This is also referred to as belly breathing and diaphragmatic breathing. Not only will it help calm the mind, it will also help increase lung vital capacity and also help improve blood and energy circulation throughout the body. This improvement of circulation through the organ massage provided by abdominal breathing will help improve digestion and elimination as well as help improve endocrine and immune system function.
- Massage both feet, especially the soles, for at least 20 minutes every day. This will help cleanse the body of toxins, make walking more comfortable, improve physical balance and stability, calm the mind, and will help support functioning of the internal organs, musculoskeletal system and more.
- Create, read, watch, and /or listen to something inspiring every day. This will help counteract some of the stress and fear people may be feeling regarding health, occupation, finances, responsibilities, family and more. This habit can also help improve intuition and allow access to more ideas than would be possible if worry, fear and other emotions took over the mind.
- Eat as healthfully as possible, stressing whole foods that nourish and benefit the body. If some of these foods are not available, consider consuming a high quality multivitamin and mineral supplement or else some high quality herbal supplements to nourish the body and mind and assist in defense against various agents of infectious disease.
- Without self-endangerment, offer and provide assistance, such as grocery shopping, car transportation, money gift cards, or cooked meals to those who are vulnerable and in need.
This blog’s offer: please feel free to contact me with questions about ways to support your health. I may suggest nutritional supplements, yoga stretches, or new ways of coping with the world situation. Currently, my office is still open to offer treatments to those who have no signs or symptoms of infection. I wish you safe passage through these difficult times.